feed.helperbar.com is a risky browser hijacker that attacks almost all type of internet browsers including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer. It initially aims your windows system browsers like IE, Chrome or Firefox that add lots of destructive things like ad applications or toolbar to the browsers.
It tracks the web browsers behaviors of the victims, collects the confidential stuffs like passwords, credit card details, banks account numbers and transport it to cyber hackers to misuse those things. System tools like Task Manager, Registry Editor and others will not be workable at all and you won’t be able to use any of those without any trouble.It is reasonably smart in searching slipups in the PC and mistreats it to floor path for new malevolent malware to get in the windows system. Undoubtedly all the windows system resources will be confronted and critical all the features and abilities of the system will be disabled. Performance degradation and system slowdowns are one of the key distresses when these kinds of rogue breaks into the computer. together with that interrupted network accessibility aggravate the circumstances and weaken the capability to connect to the PC. Remove feed.helperbar.com from your PC as quick as possible because as long it will dwell in it more it will cause problems for you and for the system itself.
Threat Assessment of feed.helperbar.com
How to remove feed.helperbar.com?
Modify changed browser settings!
- Start your Google Chrome and click on Bar or Wrench icon in the top right corner of the browser.
- Next choose Settings > Search > Manage Search Engines.
- Select your preferred search engine from the list and click on Make Default.
- You can also remove unwanted search engines from the list.
- To complete the procedure, restart the browser.
- Start Firefox and type about:config in the address bar and hit Enter.
- Now type keyword.URL in the search box to find this entry, right click on it and select Modify.
- Leave the parameter box empty or write something other than what is set.
- Next type browser.search.defaultenginename in the search box to find this entry and reset it to your favorite search engine.
- In the next step, type browser.search.selectedEngine in the search box and reset it to something other than what is set.
- The last thing you need to do is search for browser.newtab.url and modify it to about:newtab.
- Now restart Firefox to complete the process.
- Start Internet Explorer, select Tools from the top menu and then Internet Option.
- Now go to General tab > Change Search Defaults > Settings.
- From the list of preferred search providers, select your favorite and click Set as default.
- Now restart your browser.
How to Protect PC from feed.helperbar.com or Similar Attacks?
“Prevention is better than cure“, so it is advised that you step up your browser protection to avoid any kind of similar attacks. For this you can ‘Turn On Safe Browsing Features‘ of your browser which is obviously different in different browsers. How to do this in some of the popular browsers are shown below, so just follow the instructions or steps to stay protected.
In Google Chrome
In Google Chrome, there is a Phishing and Malware Detection feature enabling which minimizes the browsing risk on web. Every time you try to visit any suspicious site, this feature will warn you by displaying warning message. Here are the steps to enable it
- Start Google Chrome and click the 3 Bar icon on the top right corner of the browser.
- Next go to Settings and click on Show advanced settings
- Now locate the Privacy section and check Enable phishing and malware protection.
- Restart Google Chrome to make things in action.
In Mozilla Firefox
Unlike in Google Chrome, Phishing and Malware Protection is built-in feature in Firefox 3 and its later versions that protect you from phishing contents and malicious websites. Different from all it has its own security option enabling which will definitely help you for secure browsing. Follow the below mentioned steps
- Start Mozilla Firefox and from the top menu click on Tools and select Options.
- Now select Security option and check these below mentioned items:
- Warn me when sites try to install add-ons.
- Block reported attack sites.
- Block reported web forgeries.
In Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer 8 & 9 has a feature called SmartScreen Filter that will help you to detect phishing web sites and protect you from downloading malicious files online. But you have to turn this feature on and for that, follow the steps below
- Open Internet Explorer and select Tools (in IE 9) and Safety (in IE 8) on the top menu.
- Now select SmartScreen Filter from the drop-down and click on Turn on SmartScreen Filter.
- Once you have tuned the feature on, restart browser to take the changes in action.
So, just follow the steps above for any of the browser you are using and stay protected and have a safe browsing.
Latest posts by Alex (see all)
- How to Remove Dldisfile.com from IE/Chrome/Firefox – [Browser Hijacker Removal Guide]! - 31 July, 2015
- Remove Ads by Chaos from PC [Removal Guide]! - 31 July, 2015
- Quick Way to Remove fileking.co.il pop-up from PC & Browser! - 31 July, 2015