Complete Threat Analysis of Portaldosites.com Redirect Virus!
- Threat Type: This threat is categorized under Browser Hijacker which is kind of online fraud. In order to make victims suffer scammers use malicious programs and tools to take over the entire control of computer Internet Browser and then changes the entire stuff to be displayed when victim surfs the web.
- Affected System: It affects almost all versions of Windows operating system including Windows 98/Millennium/NT/2000/2003/XP/Vista and Windows 7.
- Distribution: Portaldosites.com Redirect Virus is distributed globally and generally infects large number of Windows system all over the world.It generally spreads by downloading freeware or shareware products from malicious websites, visiting and clicking malicious links of suspicious websites and pop-ups messages.
- Severity Level: Considering its capabilities to damage system files and Windows Registry entries and keys, the severity level of this threat is Moderate/High.
- Number of Files Infected:Though the exact number of files infected is really hard to count but this range may lie between 0-100.
- Damage Made: This threat is really very dangerous and is quite capable to infect all versions of Windows system. It can severely damage the Windows system by modifying Windows Registry, deleting system files, altering security settings of the PC.
- Removal: It is really very hard to remove Portaldosites.com Redirect Virus from computer system because it is programmed not to be detected and work from background. It is so smart that it easily bypasses the security of your security program and resists all the removal procedures. So, in order to remove this lethal threat from your PC you need powerful Portaldosites.com Redirect Virus removal tool which is specialized to deal with this kind of PC malware’s.
Screenshot of Portaldosites.com!
Consequences of Portaldosites.com Redirect Virus Infection!
Once your PC is infected with Portaldosites.com Redirect Virus, the performance of your computer is completely ruined. It will continue to do the malicious activity time to time and pressurize the victim to purchase any product or service that it promotes. Some of the consequences that you will see once your PC is infected with this malware are summarized below –
- Computer system will start or boot slowly and in addition you will see frequent blue screen of death.
- PC and Internet browsing speed will reduce drastically.
- You will not be able to launch any of your favorite applications like Dreamweaver, MS Office etc.
- Mouse pointer will stuck all of a sudden and the entire PC process will stop.
- You will be annoyed with slow and sluggish performance with the PC with regular system crash issues.
- Some sort of unwanted and strange processes will run in the background.
- Un-countable desktop shortcuts will be created without your knowledge.
- Useless and unwanted processes will start leading to Task Manager crash.
How to remove portaldosites.com Redirect Virus?
Portaldosites.com is a critical hijacker program that can damage your system and resources in a great aspect; this program shows useless pop-up ads that wastes lots of your time, and links provided on those ads redirect you to infected sites, therefore you must not keep this hijacker program in your system and eliminate it soon. There are two removal processes, by using which you can remove this critical virus program from your Windows System. Manual removal process and Automatic removal process, Manual process is a time consuming process and requires lots of technical skill to find all the traces of hijacker and delete it from your system. It is better to try Automatic removal process by downloading the link given below, it will search all the traces of redirect virus and automatically remove it from your system and also optimize the speed and performance of your system. So it is recommended to remove Portaldosites.com redirect virus from PC as quick as you can.
Genuine User Review!
Hi everyone! I am fine and hope so you all will be good, today I am fine but few days before I was not as well as today I am, I want to share those dangerous situation of mine that I have experienced during that day. On Sunday, at evening I have begun my Computer system to check mails and to perform other online working, as I open Google Chrome, there was something unusual. My web browser homepage automatically altered from Google to http://portaldosites.com, it seems to be a like normal website, I have a lot opf work to do so leave it back and carried on with my other task. But as I begun visiting different website, portaldosites.com opened in my browser automatically, it actually blocks me. The difficulty was not limited with that, as I sought for some data from internet, unexpected results pages are provided to me that carry a lot of pop-up ads and other malicious sites links. I have clicked on one of those links by mistake. After that what happened, was really horrible, my system was completely jammed, I was not having any option to solve this critical issue, so I have restarted my system with the wish that now everything will be okay, but I was completely wrong. My system takes much time to start up; after it opens program very gradually. And the browser redirection problem to unknown sites were there as it is, I was in a great trouble that day, mean while one of my close friend visit to my house to meet me, I have shared my problem with him. He suggested me to use this removal tool and scan Windows System. It really works and removes portaldosites.com and other problem from my computer completely. Thanks for providing such a useful and effective removal tool. James Carter, NY
How to Remove Portaldosites.com Redirect Virus Manually?
Caution: It is important for you to know that manual disinfection of this threat is very risky process. It is recommended only for advanced users and computer experts. Otherwise for novice users, please seek professional technical assistance.
Step 1 - Reboot your PC in a ‘Safe Mode with Command Prompt’ by pressing ‘F8’ button on your keyboard while starting up PC.
Step 2 – Remove from Mozilla Firefox
- Start Firefox and type ‘about:config’ in the address bar and hit ‘Enter’.
- Now type ‘keyword.URL’ in the search box to find this entry, right click on it and select ‘Modify’.
- Leave the parameter box empty or write something other than what is set.
- Next type ‘browser.search.defaultenginename’ in the search box to find this entry and reset it to your favorite search engine.
- In the next step, type ‘browser.search.selectedEngine’ in the search box and reset it to something other than what is set.
- The last thing you need to do is search for ‘browser.newtab.url’ and modify it to ‘about:newtab’.
- Now restart Firefox to complete the removal process.
Step 3 – Remove from Google Chrome
- Start your Google Chrome and click on ‘Bar’ or ‘Wrench’ icon in the top right corner of the browser.
- Next choose ‘Settings’ > ‘Search’ > ‘Manage Search Engines’.
- Select your preferred search engine from the list and click on ‘Make Default’.
- You can also remove unwanted search engines from the list.
- To complete the procedure, restart the browser.
Step 4 – Remove from Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer, select ‘Tools’ from the top menu and then ‘Internet Option’.
- Now go to ‘General’ tab > ‘Change Search Defaults’ > ‘Settings’.
- From the list of preferred search providers, select your favorite and click ‘Set as default’.
- Now restart your browser.