Complete Threat Analysis of Qwicklinx.com Hijacker !
- Threat Type: This threat is categorized under Browser Hijacker which is kind of online fraud. In order to make victims suffer scammers use malicious programs and tools to take over the entire control of computer Internet Browser and then changes the entire stuff to be displayed when victim surfs the web.
- Severity Level: Considering its capabilities to damage system files and Windows Registry entries and keys, the severity level of this threat is High.
- Distribution: Qwicklinx.com Hijacker is distributed globally and generally infects large number of Windows system all over the world.It generally spreads by downloading freeware or shareware products from malicious websites, visiting and clicking malicious links of suspicious websites and pop-ups messages.
- Number of Files Infected:Though the exact number of files infected is really hard to count but this range may lie between 0-100.
- Affected System: It affects almost all versions of Windows operating system including Windows 98/Millennium/NT/2000/2003/XP/Vista and Windows 7.
- Damage Made: This threat is really very dangerous and is quite capable to infect all versions of Windows system. It can severely damage the Windows system by modifying Windows Registry, deleting system files, altering security settings of the PC.
- Removal: It is really very hard to remove Qwicklinx.com Hijacker from computer system because it is programmed not to be detected and work from background. It is so smart that it easily bypasses the security of your security program and resists all the removal procedures. So, in order to remove this lethal threat from your PC you need powerful Qwicklinx.com Hijacker removal tool which is specialized to deal with this kind of PC malware’s.
Screenshot of Qwicklinx.com!
Consequences of Qwicklinx.com Hijacker Infection!
Once your PC is infected with Qwicklinx.com Hijacker , the performance of your computer is completely ruined. It will continue to do the malicious activity time to time and pressurize the victim to purchase any product or service that it promotes. Some of the consequences that you will see once your PC is infected with this malware are summarized below –
- Computer system will start or boot slowly and in addition you will see frequent blue screen of death.
- You will not be able to launch any of your favorite applications like Dreamweaver, MS Office etc.
- PC and Internet browsing speed will reduce drastically.
- Un-countable desktop shortcuts will be created without your knowledge.
- Mouse pointer will stuck all of a sudden and the entire PC process will stop.
- You will be annoyed with slow and sluggish performance with the PC with regular system crash issues.
- Some sort of unwanted and strange processes will run in the background.
- Useless and unwanted processes will start leading to Task Manager crash
How to remove Qwicklinx.com Redirect Virus From Windows System?
Qwicklinx.com is an advance browser hijacker program that is capable of infecting every reputed web browser, it added its malicious code deep in the system that is very difficult to recognize. As it modifies browser default setting and corrupt windows registry, it can harm a system in huge aspect. So it is suggested to remove this critical redirect virus from system soon. We provide two removal procedures. First is Automatic removal and second Manual removal. Manual removal of this redirect virus is time consuming process. Under this process first you have to understand what the problem is and which files and entries to be removed from the windows registry and system directories. Even after that you can’t ensure all the traces of hijacker program are completely removed from the system. Therefore it is advised that you better try the automatic removal method by downloading the file provided below which makes your work very easy and time saving. It will remove all the traces of redirect virus from the computer system. In addition it will also optimize the performance of your PC and make it to work faster with improved speed. So it is recommended to remove Qwicklinx.com Hijacker program from your system as soon as possible.
Now days this threats contaminating became a widespread difficulty, users are completely ignorant about the entry of malware program and it goes into system and corrupt everything. The identical thing happen with me few days before, I have a high processing system that present my online task every rapidly and effectively. But that day when I started my system it takes long time to start up, I haven’t paid a close vigilance for that issue and extend to my usual task. As I open web browser, I noticed something got wrong with my browser as my home browser homepage was changed from Google to http://Qwicklinx.com, I have no idea why it happened so, my younger brother also uses my system so I thought he might have done something with my system setting. That time I was having a lot of task to do, so I have opened Google and extend finding some data from internet, but the search result that I have got was totally irrelative and useless, I was not understanding why this things is happening with me, once I thought there would be some problem in Google search engine that’s why it is providing me incorrect search result, numerous redundant commercials publicity also appears in my browser, and clicking on one of those link directly redirect my browser to http://Qwicklinx.com. Now I understood that my system have meet with some grave difficulty and I have to find solution for that immediately, I have scanned my system with antivirus program but got a contradictory result only. At last I had begun finding for a removal tool that can work for me and make me out of this situation. After a long seek and investigation, I have got this Hijacker removal tool by scanning from this productive software I have adept to get relieve of Qwicklinx.com redirecting issue, thanks for supplying such a great removal tool that works very quickly and competently. George William, Florida.
How to Remove Qwicklinx.com Hijacker Manually?
Caution: It is important for you to know that manual disinfection of this threat is very risky process. It is recommended only for advanced users and computer experts. Otherwise for novice users, please seek professional technical assistance.
Step 1 – Reboot your PC in a ‘Safe Mode with Command Prompt’ by pressing ‘F8’ button on your keyboard while starting up PC.
Step 2 – Remove from Mozilla Firefox
- Start Firefox and type ‘about:config’ in the address bar and hit ‘Enter’.
- Now type ‘keyword.URL’ in the search box to find this entry, right click on it and select ‘Modify’.
- Leave the parameter box empty or write something other than what is set.
- Next type ‘browser.search.defaultenginename’ in the search box to find this entry and reset it to your favorite search engine.
- In the next step, type ‘browser.search.selectedEngine’ in the search box and reset it to something other than what is set.
- The last thing you need to do is search for ‘browser.newtab.url’ and modify it to ‘about:newtab’.
- Now restart Firefox to complete the removal process.
Step 3 – Remove from Google Chrome
- Start your Google Chrome and click on ‘Bar’ or ‘Wrench’ icon in the top right corner of the browser.
- Next choose ‘Settings’ > ‘Search’ > ‘Manage Search Engines’.
- Select your preferred search engine from the list and click on ‘Make Default’.
- You can also remove unwanted search engines from the list.
- To complete the procedure, restart the browser.
Step 4 – Remove from Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer, select ‘Tools’ from the top menu and then ‘Internet Option’.
- Now go to ‘General’ tab > ‘Change Search Defaults’ > ‘Settings’.
- From the list of preferred search providers, select your favorite and click ‘Set as default’.
- Now restart your browser.
Latest posts by smith_1989 (see all)
- How to Remove Portaldosites.com Infection from Windows System – Complete Removal Guide! - 5 June, 2013
- Remove http://the-official-survey.com– Get Rid of http://the-official-survey.com Hijaker from PC Completely! - 5 June, 2013
- Remove “px.pluginhandler.info Hijacker [Complete Working Solution]! - 3 June, 2013