ww94.btosjs.info is a browser hijacker which destroys your computer and makes your browsers full of unwanted commercial advertisements. It enters into your operating system through hacked website, spam emails, downloading any free software from internet. It disables your antivirus program and other security system so to remain undetected.
It is rogue application that makes drastic change in your operating system like changes the desktop background, homepage setting and search vendor to http://ww94.btosjs.info. It may force you to download software from its site for the protection of your system but in reality it is just to promote its site and to generate more traffic by downloading software from its site can damage your PC or even it can invite more dangerous threats to your operating system. You will be unable to open you task manger and your computer will become slower than its real speed or even you will find your computer freezes and crashes at every moment than usual. It hijacks your web browsers such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. It even traces your browsing history and collects your confidential data and transfers them to the hacker for their illegal activities. While you are browsing or performing any other task you will find the flood of harmful ads or sometimes the malicious webpage will be opened. As soon as you notice these changes in your computer take a severe step to remove ww94.btosjs.info from your operating system.
Threat Assessment of ww94.btosjs.info
How to remove ww94.btosjs.info?
Modify changed browser settings!
- Start your Google Chrome and click on Bar or Wrench icon in the top right corner of the browser.
- Next choose Settings > Search > Manage Search Engines.
- Select your preferred search engine from the list and click on Make Default.
- You can also remove unwanted search engines from the list.
- To complete the procedure, restart the browser.
- Start Firefox and type about:config in the address bar and hit Enter.
- Now type keyword.URL in the search box to find this entry, right click on it and select Modify.
- Leave the parameter box empty or write something other than what is set.
- Next type browser.search.defaultenginename in the search box to find this entry and reset it to your favorite search engine.
- In the next step, type browser.search.selectedEngine in the search box and reset it to something other than what is set.
- The last thing you need to do is search for browser.newtab.url and modify it to about:newtab.
- Now restart Firefox to complete the process.
- Start Internet Explorer, select Tools from the top menu and then Internet Option.
- Now go to General tab > Change Search Defaults > Settings.
- From the list of preferred search providers, select your favorite and click Set as default.
- Now restart your browser.
How to Protect PC from ww94.btosjs.info or Similar Attacks?
“Prevention is better than cure“, so it is advised that you step up your browser protection to avoid any kind of similar attacks. For this you can ‘Turn On Safe Browsing Features‘ of your browser which is obviously different in different browsers. How to do this in some of the popular browsers are shown below, so just follow the instructions or steps to stay protected.
In Google Chrome
In Google Chrome, there is a Phishing and Malware Detection feature enabling which minimizes the browsing risk on web. Every time you try to visit any suspicious site, this feature will warn you by displaying warning message. Here are the steps to enable it
- Start Google Chrome and click the 3 Bar icon on the top right corner of the browser.
- Next go to Settings and click on Show advanced settings
- Now locate the Privacy section and check Enable phishing and malware protection.
- Restart Google Chrome to make things in action.
In Mozilla Firefox
Unlike in Google Chrome, Phishing and Malware Protection is built-in feature in Firefox 3 and its later versions that protect you from phishing contents and malicious websites. Different from all it has its own security option enabling which will definitely help you for secure browsing. Follow the below mentioned steps
- Start Mozilla Firefox and from the top menu click on Tools and select Options.
- Now select Security option and check these below mentioned items:
- Warn me when sites try to install add-ons.
- Block reported attack sites.
- Block reported web forgeries.
In Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer 8 & 9 has a feature called SmartScreen Filter that will help you to detect phishing web sites and protect you from downloading malicious files online. But you have to turn this feature on and for that, follow the steps below
- Open Internet Explorer and select Tools (in IE 9) and Safety (in IE 8) on the top menu.
- Now select SmartScreen Filter from the drop-down and click on Turn on SmartScreen Filter.
- Once you have tuned the feature on, restart browser to take the changes in action.
So, just follow the steps above for any of the browser you are using and stay protected and have a safe browsing.
Latest posts by Alex (see all)
- How to Remove Dldisfile.com from IE/Chrome/Firefox – [Browser Hijacker Removal Guide]! - 31 July, 2015
- Remove Ads by Chaos from PC [Removal Guide]! - 31 July, 2015
- Quick Way to Remove fileking.co.il pop-up from PC & Browser! - 31 July, 2015