DownloadChop.com popup ads is very much notorious hijacker or redirect virus that usually hijacks browsers home page to its own page each time victim opens their browsers. It modifies default search engine and homepage settings and attacks almost all important browsers like Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer. It shows deceitful search results which are full of sponsored links and ads. It is capable of collecting your internet browsers activity and send it to distant server sponsoring related and unwanted ads. You won’t be able to employ any of the computer tools like Task Manager, Registry Editor or others, as all of them might be disabled.
Undoubtedly all the windows system resources will be negotiated and crucial all the features and capabilities of the windows system will be disabled. Performance degradation and deceleration are one of the main distresses when these kinds of malware gets into the computer system. in conjunction with that sporadic network ease of use deteriorate the situation and impair the capability to connect to the computer. It is distributed so cleverly that it could without any trouble discover the faults in your PC. Once they are discovered, it paves path for the other annoying malware or threats to get into the system and exploit it severely. no need to say how fatal this browser-hijacker is for your computer system. If it inhibits any longer in your PC then it will only deteriorate the condition further and will not do any good to it. So, it is highly suggested that you should strive to remove DownloadChop.com popup ads from your windows system as quick as possible.
Threat Assessment of DownloadChop.com popup ads
How to remove DownloadChop.com popup ads ?
Modify changed browser settings!
- Start your Google Chrome and click on Bar or Wrench icon in the top right corner of the browser.
- Next choose Settings > Search > Manage Search Engines.
- Select your preferred search engine from the list and click on Make Default.
- You can also remove unwanted search engines from the list.
- To complete the procedure, restart the browser.
- Start Firefox and type about:config in the address bar and hit Enter.
- Now type keyword.URL in the search box to find this entry, right click on it and select Modify.
- Leave the parameter box empty or write something other than what is set.
- Next type browser.search.defaultenginename in the search box to find this entry and reset it to your favorite search engine.
- In the next step, type browser.search.selectedEngine in the search box and reset it to something other than what is set.
- The last thing you need to do is search for browser.newtab.url and modify it to about:newtab.
- Now restart Firefox to complete the process.
- Start Internet Explorer, select Tools from the top menu and then Internet Option.
- Now go to General tab > Change Search Defaults > Settings.
- From the list of preferred search providers, select your favorite and click Set as default.
- Now restart your browser.
How to Protect PC from DownloadChop.com popup ads or Similar Attacks?
“Prevention is better than cure“, so it is advised that you step up your browser protection to avoid any kind of similar attacks. For this you can ‘Turn On Safe Browsing Features‘ of your browser which is obviously different in different browsers. How to do this in some of the popular browsers are shown below, so just follow the instructions or steps to stay protected.
In Google Chrome
In Google Chrome, there is a Phishing and Malware Detection feature enabling which minimizes the browsing risk on web. Every time you try to visit any suspicious site, this feature will warn you by displaying warning message. Here are the steps to enable it
- Start Google Chrome and click the 3 Bar icon on the top right corner of the browser.
- Next go to Settings and click on Show advanced settings
- Now locate the Privacy section and check Enable phishing and malware protection.
- Restart Google Chrome to make things in action.
In Mozilla Firefox
Unlike in Google Chrome, Phishing and Malware Protection is built-in feature in Firefox 3 and its later versions that protect you from phishing contents and malicious websites. Different from all it has its own security option enabling which will definitely help you for secure browsing. Follow the below mentioned steps
- Start Mozilla Firefox and from the top menu click on Tools and select Options.
- Now select Security option and check these below mentioned items:
- Warn me when sites try to install add-ons.
- Block reported attack sites.
- Block reported web forgeries.
In Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer 8 & 9 has a feature called SmartScreen Filter that will help you to detect phishing web sites and protect you from downloading malicious files online. But you have to turn this feature on and for that, follow the steps below
- Open Internet Explorer and select Tools (in IE 9) and Safety (in IE 8) on the top menu.
- Now select SmartScreen Filter from the drop-down and click on Turn on SmartScreen Filter.
- Once you have tuned the feature on, restart browser to take the changes in action.
So, just follow the steps above for any of the browser you are using and stay protected and have a safe browsing.
Latest posts by Alex (see all)
- How to Remove Dldisfile.com from IE/Chrome/Firefox – [Browser Hijacker Removal Guide]! - 31 July, 2015
- Remove Ads by Chaos from PC [Removal Guide]! - 31 July, 2015
- Quick Way to Remove fileking.co.il pop-up from PC & Browser! - 31 July, 2015