Complete Threat Analysis of Websearch.Ask.com redirect virus !
- Threat Type: This threat is categorized under Browser Hijacker which is kind of online fraud. In order to make victims suffer scammers use malicious programs and tools to take over the entire control of computer Internet Browser and then changes the entire stuff to be displayed when victim surfs the web.
- Damage Made: This threat is really very dangerous and is quite capable to infect all versions of Windows system. It can severely damage the Windows system by modifying Windows Registry, deleting system files, altering security settings of the PC.
- Affected System: It affects almost all versions of Windows operating system including Windows 98/Millennium/NT/2000/2003/XP/Vista and Windows 7.
- Distribution: Websearch.Ask.com redirect virus is distributed globally and generally infects large number of Windows system all over the world.It generally spreads by downloading freeware or shareware products from malicious websites, visiting and clicking malicious links of suspicious websites and pop-ups messages.
- Number of Files Infected:Though the exact number of files infected is really hard to count but this range may lie between 0-100.
- Severity Level: Considering its capabilities to damage system files and Windows Registry entries and keys, the severity level of this threat is Moderate/High.
- Removal: It is really very hard to remove Websearch.Ask.com redirect virus from computer system because it is programmed not to be detected and work from background. It is so smart that it easily bypasses the security of your security program and resists all the removal procedures. So, in order to remove this lethal threat from your PC you need powerful Websearch.Ask.com redirect virus removal tool which is specialized to deal with this kind of PC malware’s.
Screenshot of Websearch.Ask.com!
Consequences of Websearch.Ask.com redirect virus Infection!
Once your PC is infected with Websearch.Ask.com redirect virus , the performance of your computer is completely ruined. It will continue to do the malicious activity time to time and pressurize the victim to purchase any product or service that it promotes. Some of the consequences that you will see once your PC is infected with this malware are summarized below –
- Useless and unwanted processes will start leading to Task Manager crash.
- Computer system will start or boot slowly and in addition you will see frequent blue screen of death.
- PC and Internet browsing speed will reduce drastically.
- You will be annoyed with slow and sluggish performance with the PC with regular system crash issues.
- You will not be able to launch any of your favorite applications like Dreamweaver, MS Office etc.
- Some sort of unwanted and strange processes will run in the background.
- Un-countable desktop shortcuts will be created without your knowledge.
- Mouse pointer will stuck all of a sudden and the entire PC process will stop.
How to Remove Websearch.Ask.com redirect virus from PC?
Websearch.Ask.com virus is a Browser hijacker program that installed itself in user System to create problem and give advantages to cyber criminals only. It must be removed from your PC to make your system safe and secure. This redirect virus can be removed from two process, first is manual process and other is Automatic removal process. Manual removal method is time consuming process which needs lots of user effort to find all the traces of threat manually and remove it from system, many traces of this redirect virus is hidden from user which is not possible to find out manually; therefore you must use automatic removal method by downloading the program given below. It is a time saving process that removes all the traces of this redirect virus and optimizes the speed and performance of your PC. So it is recommended to remove Websearch.Ask.com redirect virus as immediate as you can.
Genuine User Review!
Hi friends, you all must be familiar with different types of malware program that affects your computer system. Now days this threats infecting became a common problem, users are totally unaware about the entrance of malware program and it enters in system and corrupt everything. The same thing happen with me few days before, I have a high processing system that perform my online task every quickly and effectively. But that day when I started my system it takes long time to start up, I haven’t paid a close attention for that issue and continue to my usual task. As I open web browser, it just surprised me. My homepage was changed from Google.com to http://Websearch.Ask.com, it happens automatically and I was not having any idea that why it’s happen so. That time I was having a lot of task to do, so I have opened Google search engine and continues finding some information from internet, you won’t believe what I have experienced I got totally irrelative search result and most of links on that fake search result redirect to http://Websearch.Ask.com, many unwanted commercials ads also appears in my browser. Now I understood that my system have meet with some serious problem and I have to find solution for that immediately, I have scanned my system with antivirus program but got a negative result only. At last I had started finding for a removal tool that can work for me and make me out of this situation. After a long search and analysis, I have got this Hijacker removal tool by scanning from this effective tool I have able to get rid of Websearch.Ask.com redirecting issue, thanks for providing such a great removal tool that works very quickly and effectively. Peter Collin, Alaska
How to Remove Websearch.Ask.com redirect virus Manually?
Caution: It is important for you to know that manual disinfection of this threat is very risky process. It is recommended only for advanced users and computer experts. Otherwise for novice users, please seek professional technical assistance.
Step 1 - Reboot your PC in a ‘Safe Mode with Command Prompt’ by pressing ‘F8’ button on your keyboard while starting up PC.
Step 2 – Remove from Mozilla Firefox
- Start Firefox and type ‘about:config’ in the address bar and hit ‘Enter’.
- Now type ‘keyword.URL’ in the search box to find this entry, right click on it and select ‘Modify’.
- Leave the parameter box empty or write something other than what is set.
- Next type ‘browser.search.defaultenginename’ in the search box to find this entry and reset it to your favorite search engine.
- In the next step, type ‘browser.search.selectedEngine’ in the search box and reset it to something other than what is set.
- The last thing you need to do is search for ‘browser.newtab.url’ and modify it to ‘about:newtab’.
- Now restart Firefox to complete the removal process.
Step 3 – Remove from Google Chrome
- Start your Google Chrome and click on ‘Bar’ or ‘Wrench’ icon in the top right corner of the browser.
- Next choose ‘Settings’ > ‘Search’ > ‘Manage Search Engines’.
- Select your preferred search engine from the list and click on ‘Make Default’.
- You can also remove unwanted search engines from the list.
- To complete the procedure, restart the browser.
Step 4 – Remove from Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer, select ‘Tools’ from the top menu and then ‘Internet Option’.
- Now go to ‘General’ tab > ‘Change Search Defaults’ > ‘Settings’.
- From the list of preferred search providers, select your favorite and click ‘Set as default’.
- Now restart your browser.