Websearch.searchdwebs.info is a browser hijacker designed to hijack the browser you use and change its settings, homepage and default search engine completely. It is generally prompted via free downloads and displays advertisements and sponsored links on search results. It gets into your computer system when you install any free software like download-mangers, PDF creators or something similar as these programs come bundled with this browser hijacker. Suppose your installed a program and when the program ask you, if you also agree to change your default browser homepage to Websearch.searchdwebs.info and set your default search engine to Websearch.searchdwebs.info, you click “Ok” or “Next” confirming the installation of this browser hijacker without knowing its significance. However, when you uninstall the related program from your PC, the changed browser settings will not be restored and your browser becomes the permanent victim of this browser hijacker. If you search something using this hijacker, no doubt it will give you results but that result will be inappropriate and when you click any of the result you will be redirected to some malicious website that you dont want to visit. The only way to remove Websearch.searchdwebs.info from PC is by eliminating it manually and be cautious while installing any new software or program.
Complete Threat Assessment of Websearch.searchdwebs.info!
- Threat Type: Browser Hijacker
- Threat Level: Moderate to Severe
- Number of Infections: 50 or more files at one time
- Geographical Distribution: Not Specific, Global
- Operating System: All Windows Based Systems
- Affected Countries: USA, UK, Germany, China, Canada, Europe etc.
Common Symptoms or Properties of Websearch.searchdwebs.info!
Websearch.searchdwebs.info is really a dangerous malware that can cause a lot of issues for the computer users. You can easily confirm the presence of this destructive malware if it shows below mentioned symptoms.
- Fake Security Alerts, Pop-ups and Ads This is the next annoying thing that will happen. Each time you will try to start your PC you will get annoying security fake system messages or useless pop-ups or ads from your browser.
- Modification in Desktop and Browser Settings Without your knowledge you will notice that the settings of your browser and desktop are altered automatically and in addition numerous unwanted shortcuts have appeared in your desktop.
- Deactivation of Installed Security Software The creator of this malware are very smart and to maximize their effectiveness they tend to deactivate any security programs installed in the infected system. Doing so will let them to remain active and perform their malicious activities.
- Browser Redirection If your browser is infected with this malware then all your search results will be redirected to any unsafe and suspicious website which will in turn make your PC more vulnerable to infections.
- Confidential Data Theft This malware tracks the browsing behavior on a regular basis and collects confidential and essential details like passwords, credit card numbers, bank statements and other information and send it to cyber criminals who misuse those information.
How to remove Websearch.searchdwebs.info from PC in Easy Steps?
Websearch.searchdwebs.info is very dangerous threat that has ability to destroy your computer system completely. It enters in system silently and alters very thing according to its accessibility, this malware program provided lots of pop-up ads from third party that is really irritating and cannot be stopped also. It also gives links of infected websites, by clicking on which many other infection can enters in your system. To get rid of all this issue you must remove this malicious infection from your system. This can be done by following two ways i.e. manual removal process and automatic removal process. There is a huge difference between both removal processess. Manual process is little bit complex and time consuming, where as automatic process is very easy and time saving. It is better to try automatic process; you just have to download the program given below that is free of cost, and scan your system with this program. It will automatically find all the traces of malicious threat and remove it from your system effectively. In addition your system speed and performance will also optimized to perform better. So, it is strongly recommended to remove Websearch.searchdwebs.info from your system soon as possible.
How to Remove Websearch.searchdwebs.info Manually?
Caution: It is important for you to know that manual removal of this threat is very risky process. It is recommended only for advanced users and computer experts. Otherwise for novice users, please seek professional technical assistance.
Step 1 – Reboot your PC in a Safe Mode with Command Prompt by pressing F8 button on your keyboard while starting up PC.
Step 2 Remove from Mozilla Firefox
- Start Firefox and type about:config in the address bar and hit Enter.
- Now type keyword.URL in the search box to find this entry, right click on it and select Modify.
- Leave the parameter box empty or write something other than what is set.
- Next type browser.search.defaultenginename in the search box to find this entry and reset it to your favorite search engine.
- In the next step, type browser.search.selectedEngine in the search box and reset it to something other than what is set.
- The last thing you need to do is search for browser.newtab.url and modify it to about:newtab.
- Now restart Firefox to complete the removal process.
Step 3 Remove from Google Chrome
- Start your Google Chrome and click on Bar or Wrench icon in the top right corner of the browser.
- Next choose Settings > Search > Manage Search Engines.
- Select your preferred search engine from the list and click on Make Default.
- You can also remove unwanted search engines from the list.
- To complete the procedure, restart the browser.
Step 4 Remove from Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer, select Tools from the top menu and then Internet Option.
- Now go to General tab > Change Search Defaults > Settings.
- From the list of preferred search providers, select your favorite and click Set as default.
- Now restart your browser.
Tips to Avoid Malware Invasion & Attack!
Prevention is always better than cure and I am sure you all agree to this point. Thats why we should always exercise adequate precautionary measures to deal with threats that attack our computer system on a regular basis. Below mentioned are some ways that will help you to prevent the intrusion of lethal malwares.
- Regularly Update Operating System – Operating system updates contain security and bug fixes that help people to prevent any intrusions of malicious infections to their PC. So, it is very important that you update your operating system in a regular basis.
- Always Use Updated Security Programs Security program updates contain new malware definitions which are very important to detect latest malwares in action. Thats why it is advised to up to date with security programs.
- Use advanced and stronger Firewall Firewall is always important as it acts as a barrier between users PC and malicious contents on the internet. So, incorporate a powerful Firewall in your security measures against malwares.
- Avoid Browsing and Downloading stuffs from suspicious websites There are number of websites out there that earns their livelihood by spreading malicious stuffs to the healthy PC. So, avoid clicking any link or download anything from websites which are not legitimate.
- Keep strong passwords for your mail accounts Numerous hackers spend hours to hack mail accounts that have weak passwords. They easily decipher weak passwords to steal valuable and confidential user information using the program that they code. So, try to keep passwords which are not predictable and is combination of letters, numbers and special characters.
- Take special precautions while opening attachments either from inbox or spam folder and also try to protect yourself from social engineering attacks.
Latest posts by Alex (see all)
- How to Remove Dldisfile.com from IE/Chrome/Firefox – [Browser Hijacker Removal Guide]! - 31 July, 2015
- Remove Ads by Chaos from PC [Removal Guide]! - 31 July, 2015
- Quick Way to Remove fileking.co.il pop-up from PC & Browser! - 31 July, 2015